Stoke St Milborough Vicarage 6603

Stoke St Milborough, Shropshire, England

Brief Description

The Vicarage house and its grounds at Stoke St Milbrough were remodelled in 1813. A new drive was made, and there was a garden with shrubberies, a fountain, and a grotto. Lawns led down to a large ornamental fishpond.

History

The vicarage house and the grounds were remodelled in 1813, when the vicars resumed residence. The fishpond may date to the late 18th century, predating the rebuild of the house.

Features
  • Grotto
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Fountain
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Drive
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Shrubbery
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Fishpond
  • Description: Lawns led down from the house to a large ornamental fishpond, which may predate the rebuilding of the house.
  • Latest Date:
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Stoke St.
References