The 18th-century house has recently been refurbished, after falling into decline in the late-20th century. Little is left of the associated landscape park and garden. A garden restoration project is underway, and it is hoped that occasional public open days may be possible.
The site was modernised by William Emes around 1783-5. He designed a new park and garden which included parterres and water features. The house was largely re-built in 1809, but fell into decline after 1976. Recent restoration has taken place.
- House (featured building)
- Description: The 17th-century house was modernised in the late-18th century, and largely re-built by John Nash in 1809.
- Earliest Date:
- Latest Date:
- Description: A new Gothic pavilion has been built from stone recycled from Stafford Castle.
- Specimen Tree
- Description: Cedar of Lebanon, thought to have been planted by William Barron.
- Stable Block
- Description: Now in residential use.
- 18th Century
- Late 18th Century
- Associated People
Staffordshire Gardens and Parks Trust