Station Walks now have a length of 375 metres, with shrub beds and forest trees, close to the line of the disused North Staffordshire Railway and its station which were removed around 1960. This doubled the width of the walks, although at a lower level. A 1903 bronze statue of Queen Victoria on a granite plinth was moved here in 1963 from Newcastle town centre.
Formerly known as Brampton Walks, these were originally 5 acres of land allotted to public walks in the Inclosure Act of 1816. Rural promenades were laid out in 1820 and invested in the town corporation in 1835.
- Description: The walk is edged with shrub beds.
- Description: A 1903 bronze statue of Queen Victoria on a granite plinth was moved here in 1963 from Newcastle town centre.
- Earliest Date:
- Latest Date:
Staffordshire Gardens and Parks Trust