By 1960 there were facilities for football, cricket, bowls and tennis, with a paddling pool and playground. It has been the ground for Bedfont Football Club, who later leased the ground, renovating the pavilion and improving its facilities.
The Bedfont area remained rural until the mid-20th century and had formerly been used for agriculture and market gardening, with numerous cherry orchards here. From the 1950s council housing began to be developed over the land. Bedfont Recreation Ground was laid out by the 1930s with surrounding land used for allotments and orchards.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open from 8am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open from 8am - dusk.
DirectionsRail: Feltham then bus. Tube: Hatton Cross (Piccadilly) then bus. Bus: 203, H25, H26.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)