Barham Hall, Linton 5603

Barham, England, Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire

Brief Description

Features include garden walls, a drive and gate piers.

History

Barham Hall was established in the mid-16th century.

Detailed Description

A Relhan watercolour shows a much reduced hall in the early-19th century with a large circular drive in front. The garden walls around the north garden still stand. These date from the late-17th century with dentil brick cornices to the copings. The gate piers are 18th century with ball finials to the caps.
Features
  • Garden Wall
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Gateway
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Drive
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • House (featured building)
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Barham and
History

Detailed History

In 1560 John Millicent built the medieval farmhouse called Barham Hall on the site of the convent of the Crutched Friars, which was dissolved in 1539.

Period

  • Tudor (1485-1603)
References

Contributors

  • Cambridgeshire Gardens Trust