The borough boundary between RB Kingston and LB Sutton cuts north-south across the park, which is a remnant of commonland, the boundaries of which have not changed for at least 150 years. Upper Green was located near the junction of Malden Road and Church Road. Nearby is a further remnant of commonland, Malden Green, which remains as a strip of grass by the main road with Lombardy poplars, but otherwise has disappeared.
It was shown on a Tithe Map of 1839 as Back Green and prior to the building of the railway in the 1850s it used to be linked to the main area of Lower Green, which is now the main road through Worcester Park.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Worcester Park
London Parks and Gardens Trust