The churchyard has a lych gate at the entrance beside which is a war memorial. There are a number of grand tombs and churchyard trees include willow and ash.
There has been a church here since medieval times. The medieval flintwork chancel remains although in the early-17th century St John the Baptist was rebuilt at the expense of the Lord of the Manor, John Goode (d.1627), to whom a tablet was erected in the chancel. In 1875 a new nave and chancel were built by T G Jackson.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Malden Manor
Church of England, Diocese of Southwark
London Parks and Gardens Trust