Aylesbury Cemetery is a local authority cemetery complete with two chapels and a mortuary.
The Aylesbury Burial Board obtained the land for the cemetery in 1855. The Church of England partition of the grounds was consecrated in 1858 by the Bishop of Oxford. There were episodes of replanting in the 1920s and 1930s. There was a large extension in 1962, and the lodge was demolished in 1965.
Visitor FacilitiesContact Aylesbury Vale District Council on 01296 585858.http://www.aylesburyvaledc.gov.uk/advice-benefits/burials-cemeteries/
- Description: Two chapels.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsContact Aylesbury Vale District Council on 01296 585858.http://www.aylesburyvaledc.gov.uk/advice-benefits/burials-cemeteries/
DirectionsThe cemetery is on the Tring Road out of Aylesbury.
- Victorian (1837-1901)
Official WebsiteClick Here
Aylesbury Vale District Council66 High Street, Aylesbury, HP20 1SD
- http://www.bucksgardenstrust.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Aylesbury_Cemetery.pdfUnderstanding Historic Parks and Gardens in Buckinghamshire