To the south of the church is a small railed-off Garden of Remembrance, with flowerbeds and some chest tombs. Headstones are generally arranged round the perimeter of the garden, which has mature perimeter trees and fine 19th-century railings.
All Saints' Church was built for the newly created parish of Poplar to serve the rapidly developing population. The churchyard was re-ordered on the north side as a public garden by the MPGA in 1893. The chapel of St Frideswide was incorporated into the church when St Frideswide's Church was bombed in World War 2 and All Saints also suffered some damage.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open from 8am - dusk. Church usually open between 12 and 2 daily, according to notice.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open from 8am - dusk. Church usually open between 12 and 2 daily, according to notice.
DirectionsDLR: All Saints
- Associated People
Just one person associated to All Saints Churchyard, Poplar