On a remnant of land surplus to road building south of the church a small landscaped area was created and a sculpture, 'The Leaning Woman' by Karel Vogel was installed. Another area of public open space to the west of the church was laid out with trees, grass, paths and shrubbery.
St Peter's Church was built in 1827-29 as part of the St Peter's Estate and is the oldest church in Hammersmith. The original burial ground measured 139 ft x 174 ft. Burials had ceased by 1855 and a small public open space and garden of rest was laid out in 1958 in the former churchyard, with gravestones along the north and east boundary walls. The church lost its close connection with the Thames when the Great West Road was constructed c.1960.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Ravenscourt Park (District). Bus: 27, 190, 267, 391, H91
London Parks and Gardens Trust