Waterloo Gardens & Roath Mill Gardens 3441

Cardiff, Wales

Brief Description

These are two adjacent Edwardian public parks which have survived virtually intact.

History

The main phases of construction were in 1897 and 1906.

Visitor Facilities

These are municipal parks for general public use.
Features
Brook
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

These are municipal parks for general public use.
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Roath
History

Detailed History

These are two adjacent Edwardian public parks which have survived virtually intact. The Marquis of Bute's example in donating most of the land from the nearby Roath park led Lord Tredegar (who also donated a small area for Roath Park) to follow suit further down the valley for the establishment of these parks. They formed an attractive setting for the development of surrounding villa residences, which still remain.

Period

  • Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
Associated People
Contact

Telephone

01443 336000

Official Website

Other websites

Owners

  • Cardiff Council

    Heath Park, King George V Drive, Cardiff, CF14 4EP
References

References