Cathays Cemetery 731

Cardiff, Wales

Brief Description

Cathays is a well-preserved large Victorian multi-denominational cemetery, retaining most of its original layout and ornamental evergreen planting. It contains some elaborate and interesting memorials dating from 1859 onwards.

History

The cemetery was originally called Cardiff New Cemetery, and was opened in 1859.

Visitor Facilities

This is a municipal cemetery for general public use.
Features
  • Gate
  • Description: Cemetery gateway.
  • Chapel
  • Description: Mortuary chapels.
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

This is a municipal cemetery for general public use.
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Cathays
History

Period

  • Mid 19th Century
Contact

Telephone

01443 336000

Official Website

Click Here

Other websites

Owners

  • Cardiff Council

    County Hall, Atlantic Wharf, Cardiff., CF10 4UW
References

References