The buildings are fronted by a centrally placed fountain within a large circular basin; originally a pond, the fountain was installed in 1953 for Queen Elizabeth II's coronation and had red, white and blue underwater lighting. Beyond this are sloping lawns laid out with ornamental beds on either side of the driveway that leading from the entrance gates on Forest Road.
The sites of Walthamstow Town Hall and Assembly Hall, as well as the adjacent technical college, magistrates court and Monoux Sixth Form College, were all originally part of the Chestnuts Farm Estate. The Town Hall and Assembly Hall were built when Walthamstow moved its administrative headquarters from the old Victorian Town Hall in Orford Road.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Walthamstow Central (Victoria). Rail: Walthamstow Central; Wood Street. Bus: 123, 275
London Parks and Gardens Trust