Part of the gardens remain as a small public park, consisting of two lawns set in a shallow sunken area, into which are the remnants of steps. It is surrounded by mixed planting of mature trees, including exotic fir, holly, beech and horse chestnut, survivals from the earlier garden.
Hendon Grove was formerly the gardens of Grove House, one of the largest houses in Hendon, built in 1753. In the C20th Hendon Town Hall (1900), the Fire Station (1911) and the Public Library (1929) were built on its grounds.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Hendon Central (Northern) then bus. Bus 113, 143, 183, 186, 271, 326.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)