Facilities of Vauxhall Park include tennis courts, children's play area, garden for people with disabilities and a café.
Vauxhall Park was laid out as a public park in 1890 on land that was previously part of the grounds of two houses, The Lawn and Carroun House, which were proposed for housing development. The site was purchased in 1888 through the efforts of Octavia Hill and others, including Henry Fawcett MP, the Postmaster-General, whose statue was later erected in the park. The layout was designed by Fanny Wilkinson for the Kyrle Society, and it was opened by Albert, Prince of Wales in 1890.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 7.30am - 15 minutes before sunset.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 7.30am - 15 minutes before sunset.
DirectionsRail/Tube: Vauxhall (Victoria). Bus: 2, 88