St Woolos Cemetery 3169

Newport, Wales

Brief Description

St Woolos Cemetery is a well-preserved landscaped garden cemetery. The eastern part of the cemetery contains the original path layout and informal tree and shrub planting, mostly of evergreens.

History

The cemetery opened for burials in 1854 and was further extended in the late-19th and the early-20th centuries.

Features
  • Chapel (featured building)
  • Description: There are two mid-19th-century chapels by the south gate of the cemetery and a smaller late 19th-century chapel to the north.
History

Period

  • Victorian (1837-1901)
Contact
References

References