Bellevue Park 364

Newport, Wales

Brief Description

Bellevue Park is the first public park designed by Thomas Mawson in 1893 and remains more or less intact. The park has many ornamental trees from Mawson's time and later. There is a tea pavilion with terraces and an ornamental water garden in a ravine with Pulhamite rockwork, pools and cascades.

History

The land was gifted to the town by Lord Tredegar in 1891. The Park opened on 8th September 1894.

Visitor Facilities

Bellevue Park is a public park. It is open daily.
Features
  • Refreshment Pavilion
  • Description: A two-storey tea pavilion flanked by conservatories.
Drinking Fountain, Bandstand, Cascade, Pulhamite
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

Bellevue Park is a public park. It is open daily.
Associated People

Just one person associated to Bellevue Park

Contact

Other websites

Owners

  • Newport City Council

    Civic Centre, Newport, South Wales, NP20 4UR
References

References