The churchyard contains many tombs and monuments, including the pink granite obelisk to Coles Child, Lord of the Manor (d.1873). There are mature lime and horse chestnut trees, and a beech hedge surrounds the World War 1 memorial, initially positioned outside the east end of the church. The 19th-century lych gate was also relocated to its present site after the church was rebuilt following World War 2 bombing.
Christians have worshipped on this site for over 1000 years, but the present church of St Peter and St Paul was built in the 1950s following the destruction of the old church in an air raid on 16 April 1941 that left only the 15th-century tower standing. The churchyard was enlarged in 1843 and 1863.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Bromley North, Bromley South. Bus: 61, 119, 126, 138, 146, 162, 208, 227, 246, 261, 314, 320, 336, 352, 358, 367, 402.
- Medieval (1066-1540)
Archdeaconry of Bromley & Bexley
London Parks and Gardens Trust