The two open spaces were combined in 1930 and have dramatic topography with a lake at the foot of richly planted slopes.
Church House Gardens and Library Gardens are now one public park but were originally two sites: Library Gardens formed from the grounds of 'Neelgherries', and those of Church House. Neelgherries was bequeathed to Bromley Town Council in 1900 and the Library and Gardens were opened to the public in 1906. Church House Gardens, purchased by Bromley Town Council in 1926, were connected to the Library Gardens and opened in July 1927.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 7.30am weekdays/9am Sat/Sun/BHs - half hour after dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 7.30am weekdays/9am Sat/Sun/BHs - half hour after dusk.
DirectionsRail: Bromley North, Bromley South. Bus: 61, 119, 126, 138, 146, 162, 208, 246, 261, 314, 320, 352, 358, 367, 402, 726.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust