The recreation ground was initially named Victoria Gardens in celebration of Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee. When The Glades Shopping Centre was constructed in 1990, a portion of the gardens including the original main entrance with its ornamental gates was lost, but the gates were moved to the southern part of the gardens.
Queen’s Gardens are now set in the shade of The Glades Shopping Centre. By the C19th the site was known as The White Hart Field after a nearby inn and used for public recreation and sports. In 1865 part of the inn was opened as a homeopathic dispensary and in 1889 Bromley's first homeopathic hospital opened. When a new homeopathic hospital was under discussion, the Lord of the Manor, Coles Child, presented White Hart Field to Bromley in 1897, part given for the hospital and the rest laid out as a public recreation ground.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
London Parks and Gardens Trust