Queensmead is public open space, part of the complex with Martin's Hill and Church House Gardens.
Formerly a meadow and hop gardens, the area below Martin's Hill was purchased by the local Board in 1887 to celebrate Queen Victoria's Jubilee and set aside for recreational use, renamed Queen's Mead. It was a traditional gathering place for fairs and events, one such being 'Broom Day', an annual celebration when thousands of people gathered wearing sprigs of broom, in celebration of the shrub that gave Bromley its name.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.