The churchyard, closed for burials in 1893, has gravestones mainly in the south and east, with a Garden of Remembrance to the west. The original eastern boundary was moved back in 1931 when the road was widened.
Until the 1860s, the Plaistow area was rural, with three large houses to the north. Development began after the arrival of the railway and the need for a church arose to serve the population north of Bromley. A square site was procured in 1861 and a simple Chapel of Ease was built, consecrated in 1863; the church was enlarged in 1881-1900. A church primary school was built to the west, and a vicarage to the south.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Bromley North. Bus: 126, 261, 314, 336
- Mid 19th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust