After changes in parish boundaries in 2004, the church closed in 2005 and was leased to Godolphin and Latymer School on a 125 year lease including its surrounding grounds. It has been converted into The Bishop Centre, a centre for performing arts for the school, which opened in June 2009.
St John the Evangelist Church was built in 1858-9 when a new parish created out of that of St Paul's Hammersmith as the population of the area was growing. The church had gardens to the south and west with some mature trees and shrubs, bounded to the roadway by iron railings.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsTube: Hammersmith (Piccadilly, District, Hammersmith & City); Ravenscroft Park (District). Bus: 266.
- Victorian (1837-1901)
London Parks and Gardens Trust