The churchyard has been used for burial for some 900 years with burial records existing from the 16th century. Most burials did not have burial markers and the earliest surviving gravestones are late-18th century.
The old village of Chelsfield and its parish church of St Martin of Tours have existed here since at least the 12th century. The church is now somewhat isolated from the village following the building of the Orpington Bypass in the 1920s.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Chelsfield then bus. Bus R3
- Medieval (1066-1540)
- 12th Century
Diocese of Rochester
London Parks and Gardens Trust