The churchyard has remains of ancient stone wall abutting the Abbey ruins, and its main entrance is through the 14th-century Curfew Tower. There are numerous interesting tombs, headstones and monuments as well as fine plane and lime trees.
St Margaret's Church was founded in 1215 within the precincts of Barking Abbey; it may have been a chapel prior to becoming the parish church in around 1300.
Visitor FacilitiesChurch open daily 8am-5pm.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsChurch open daily 8am-5pm.
DirectionsLondon Overground/Rail/Tube (Hammersmith & City, District): Barking. Bus: 5, 62, 87, 169, 179, 238, 287, 366, 368, 369, 387
London Parks and Gardens Trust