By 1935 the park facilities included bandstands, lawn tennis courts, children's paddling pool, putting green and children's gymnasium, with areas of formal planting, trees and avenue of willows. Some of these features still exist.
Greatfields Park opened in 1926 on a site aquired by Barking Borough Council in 1923/4.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 7.15am to dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 7.15am to dusk.
DirectionsLondon Overground/Rail/Tube (Hammersmith & City, District): Barking. Tube: Upney (District, Hammersmith & City). Bus: 173, 287, 368, 369, 387, 673, 687.
- Early 20th Century