This high-walled compartment contains a raised pool into which water jets arc from the walls. There are grass steps, ornamental tubs containing orange trees, and roses trained up the walls. There is a small room at the north end of the rectangle which overlooks the garden.
This walled compartment was adapted in 1902 by Lady Paget to provide a bathing pool for her children, and an enamelling room for her work painting and enamelling. Climbers and roses were on the walls. Freshly restored as an Italian garden it was opened by The Prince of Wales on 27/07/2003.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is now an open air museum, with several reconstructed buildings in the parkland. The site is open daily from 10 until 5. More information
- Italianate Garden
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is now an open air museum, with several reconstructed buildings in the parkland. The site is open daily from 10 until 5.
DirectionsThe site is off the A4232, 4 miles west of Cardiff.
- Associated People