Hugh Pettigrew

Hugh Pettigrew was born at Dumfries House, Ayrshire in 1871, second son of the Head Gardener, Andrew Pettigrew. He trained at Royal Gardens, Kew, 1892-3.

After a period working for Baron Rothschild on the continent (1893-97), he came back to work for Lord Plymouth as Head Gardener at Hewell Grange (1897), transferring to St Fagans Castle later in the same year. He was responsible for the Italian garden, Rosary garden and the Thyme garden.

For further information please see: http://www.pettigrewsparks.co.uk/

Associated Places