Rudge Hall 6499

Rudge, England, Shropshire

Brief Description

Rudge Hall featured a small park principally south and west of the house in the early-19th century. In 1851 the park was described as 'richly wooded.'

History

Rudge Hall is a medieval building rebuilt in the 19th century. By 1827 there was a small park principally south and west of the hall, which by 1883 had been extended eastwards to a chain of ponds. It was by this time doubled in size from its original extents.

Features
  • Pond
  • Description: The park at Rudge Hall was extended eastwards to a chain of ponds, which were probably created at the time of the extension.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Rudge
References

References