Rosemount (also known as Goldring)4167

Symington, Scotland

Brief Description

The late-18th-century house and outbuildings of Rosemount stand within an enclosed and wooded landscape east of the main road between Ayr and Kilmarnock. Part of the estate is currently (2008) used as a riding school.

History

The designed landscape was laid out in the latter half of the 18th century on either side of the Ayr to Kilmarnock road. From about 1770 to the early-19th century the Fullartion family developed and expanded the estate, planting many trees.

Features
  • House (featured building)
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
History

Period

  • 18th Century
References

References