Coodham (also known as Williamfield, Coudame, Cowdome, Coldhome)4173

Kilmarnock, Scotland

Brief Description

The early-19th-century designed landscape at Coodham includes a lake and extensive woodland. The woodland contains some unusual species dating back to the original planting. The house has been restored and converted by developers into several residences and Coodham is now a private residential estate with planning permission for over 40 executive homes in the grounds.

History

The house at Coodham was built on a previously green-field site in 1826 by the widow of William Fairlie, the overseas trader. The designed landscape was probably laid out at this time, including the informal lake. In the second half of the 19th century the property was owned by a Sir William Houldsworth who extended and improved the grounds, planting many species of trees and shrubs.

Features
  • House (featured building)
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Lake
Contact

Telephone

0131 668 8600

Official Website

Click Here

Other websites

References

References