The park retains much of its original structure and early features, including the bandstand.
Queen's Park was laid out in 1887. Part of the land had been used as a showground for the Royal Kilburn Agricultural Show in 1879, and in 1885 it was offered to the Corporation of London by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners, along with Gravel Pit Wood, 'for the preservation as open spaces forever'. The park was opened by the Lord Mayor of London in 1887, one of the many parks created in celebration of Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee. The surrounding residential development followed soon after this.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 7.30am - dusk. Pet Corner 11am-5pm weekdays/BHols; weekends 1-5.30pm.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 7.30am - dusk. Pet Corner 11am-5pm weekdays/BHols; weekends 1-5.30pm.
DirectionsLondon Overground/Tube (Bakerloo): Queen's Park. London Overground: Brondesbury Park, Kensal Rise. Bus: 6, 36, 52, 184, 187, 206, 302, 316.