When the site was opened as a public garden, the majority of tombs were moved to the western periphery. However, a number of monuments remained in place, that of Sarah Siddons being located towards the northern end. There is a tree-lined walk, predominantly lime, along the eastern boundary, and scattered trees include a weeping ash. Mosses and ferns have colonised the west wall and the tombstones stacked against it.
This is part of the former burial ground for the parish church of St Mary Paddington Green. In 1885 the northern part of the burial ground was opened as a public garden initially called the Old Burial Ground, now St Mary's Churchyard.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open from 8am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open from 8am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: Edgware Road (Bakerloo, Circle, Hammersmith & Fulham), Warwick Avenue (Bakerloo). Bus: 18
London Parks and Gardens Trust