Although the railings have gone, Pond Street Shrubbery remains as a low raised pavement with crazy paving of York stone, and a number of plane trees.
Now publicly-accessible, this strip of garden was originally provided for the use of lessees of the adjoining houses. At one time within the Manor of Chelsea, land in the area was purchased by Sir Hans Sloane in 1712. On his death his estate was divided between his two daughters, the eastern part going to Elizabeth, becoming the Cadogan Estate on her marriage to Charles Cadogan. Cadogan began developing the 90-acre estate from the 1770s, which was to be called Hans Town.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Knightsbridge (Piccadilly), Sloane Square (District, Circle)
London Parks and Gardens Trust