Features of North Sheen Recreation Ground include playgrounds, paddling pool (summer), football pitches and a running track.
Originally part of an orchard on the Popham Estate, the site was first opened as a public recreation ground in June 1909 and was further extended in 1923. In December 1963 it was renamed North Sheen Park but has since reverted to being called North Sheen Recreation Ground. In 1995 London Welsh Amateur Football Club, which had been founded around 1890, made its home here.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from Mon - Sat: 7.30am - dusk/Sun & Bank Hols: 9am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from Mon - Sat: 7.30am - dusk/Sun & Bank Hols: 9am - dusk.
DirectionsLondon Overground/Tube (District): Kew Gardens. Rail: North Sheen. Bus: 190, 419, 490, H22, R68, R70.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)