Moynes Court 2356

Chepstow, Wales

Brief Description

Moynes Court has 16th-century walled garden compartments which have a well-preserved structure. There is also a medieval fishpond in a small valley.

History

There was a fortified manor house on the site in the 13th century. After a major remodelling at the end of the 16th century the Bishop of Llandaff bought Moynes Court in 1609. The gardens are now in three separate ownerships.

Features

Plant Environment

  • Walled Garden
  • Environment
  • Fishpond
  • Description: The fishpond is probably of medieval origin.
  • House (featured building)
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Gatehouse
  • Description: A well-preserved and little altered gatehouse, probably dating from the late-13th century.
  • Earliest Date:
Sundial
History

Period

  • 16th Century
Contact

Telephone

01443 336000

Official Website

Click Here
References

References