Search for the name, locality, period or a feature of a locality. You'll then be taken to a map showing results.

Memorial Park 3212

Pgds 20100429 201859 Talbot Park1

Introduction

Talbot Memorial Park is a small, well-preserved urban public park of 1925 with a fine central bandstand and war memorial. The commemorative character of the park is emphasised by the main gate, which is dedicated to Rupert Price Hallows, VC (1881-1915).

Contact

Telephone

01443 336000

Official Website

Other websites

Owners

  • Port Talbot County Borough Council

    Port Talbot Civic Centre, Port Talbot, SA13 1PJ
Features
  • War Memorial
  • Description: War memorial statue. This is a bronze of the Angel of Victory.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Bandstand
  • Description: Octagonal bandstand.
  • Pavilion
  • Description: Wooden pavilion.
  • Bowling Green
  • Description: There are two bowling greens.
Visitor Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

This is a municipal park for general public use.

Directions

The park is located immediately west of the M4 at junction 40.
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Port Talbot
Designations
  • CADW Register of Landscapes Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in Wales
  • Reference: PGW(Gm)45(NEP)
  • Grade: II
History

History

The land was given by the Margam Estate in 1925, and the park was opened on 26th June, 1926.

Period

  • Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
References

References