Brombil Reservoir was built to supply water for the hydraulic operation of dock equipment. The company was an early user of reinforced concrete for wharf construction.
Brombil reservoir was originally a colliery which supplied coal to the nearby copper works at Taibach. After the colliery was closed in 1880 the mine was then flooded to supply water to the docks at Port Talbot. The reservoir is over 100ft deep.
- Visitor Access, Directions & Contacts
- Features & Designations
- Key Information
Open to the public