Memorial Meadow and Memorial Garden, Luton 8527

Kent, England

Brief Description

Luton Memorial Meadow was conceived as a living memorial to those who had given their lives in World War 2. A formal memorial garden was added to the site in 2008.

History

The memorial meadow was dedicated by the Dean of Rochester Cathedral on June 5th, 1948. The lack of a formal memorial was raised in 2001, and after local fund raising a memorial garden was opened on the site in June 2008.