Jacksons Field, Rochester 1863

Rochester, England

Brief Description

The site was hired from War Department in 1871 for public use, and then purchased by the City in 1914. The park includes the remains of Napoleonic defences, formal flower beds, tennis courts and playgrounds.

History

The park was hired from the war department for public use.

Visitor Facilities

This is a municipal site for general public use.

Detailed Description

The remains of old Napoleonic defences appear as grassy embankments on this high ground overlooking the city, with a panoramic view of the Medway river. Formal flower beds along the southern boundary present a variety of designs in carpet bedding. The tennis courts, the bowling green and the children's playground are in constant use.
Features
  • Flower Bed
  • Description: Formal flower beds along the southern boundary present a variety of designs in carpet bedding.
Bowling Green
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

This is a municipal site for general public use.
References

References

Contributors

  • Kent Gardens Trust