Marten’s Grove Park is an extensive, oblong park, occupying part of the former grounds of a mid-19th-century house, Marten's Grove.
Major changes were made to the house in the 1860s after which it remained virtually unaltered until the estate was sold around 1927, the house demolished in 1932. Land to the north of the house was unsuitable for housing and it was offered to Crayford UDC for use as a recreation ground, which opened on 1 July 1933. The ornamental lake was transformed into a swimming pool, which eventually closed in 1986.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am - dusk.
DirectionsRail: Bexley then bus; Barnhurst then bus. Bus: 96.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust