In the late-1980s part of the park was eroded by housing development and in 1998 improvements were carried out to the park, including a bridge by sculptor John Maine. In 2009 the park was redesigned and re-landscaped as part of Route 1 of the North Lewisham Links project, the works completed in 2010.
Margaret McMillan Park is named after Margaret McMillan who with her sister Rachel McMillan were pioneers of nursery education. The park opened in 1954 and was originally laid out between Watson's Street and Glenville Grove with a series of lawns along Douglas Way.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsLondon Overground/Rail: New Cross, New Cross Gate. Rail: Deptford.
London Parks and Gardens Trust