Old Vicarage, Pampisford 5637

Pampisford, England, Cambridgeshire, South Cambridgeshire

Brief Description

Features include herbaceous borders, island beds and a kitchen garden.

History

The Old Vicarage was established in the late-19th century.

Detailed Description

There is a fine cedar forming the centrepiece of the front garden. To the east of the house are shrubs and herbaceous borders, with island beds planted to flower each year in July. There are mature trees along the boundaries and to the south an extensive kitchen garden. A small Victorian style conservatory is planted with rare plants.
Features
  • Island Bed
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Herbaceous Border
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Shrub Border
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Kitchen Garden
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Conservatory
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • House (featured building)
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Pampisford
History

Detailed History

Built in 1880 of brick with flint dressings, the Old Vicarage is situated to the south of the village church.
References

Contributors

  • Cambridgeshire Gardens Trust