The garden is on a sloping site with an entrance at the top through an iron gateway with a plaque relating to the donation of the land. From here a path leads down to an area of formal gardens with a mature oak in the centre and shaped beds set into lawn. Tennis courts are surrounded by roses and at the lowest point is a hedged playing field, adjacent to which is a small pavilion.
Holland Garden was created as a public garden in 1929 after Lady Holland donated the site to Wimbledon Council in 1928 as a memorial to her late husband. The small garden was provided with hard tennis courts and a thatched summer house, which caught fire in the 1950s.
Visitor FacilitiesThe gardens are open from 8am (weekdays)/9am (weekends/Bank Hols) - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe gardens are open from 8am (weekdays)/9am (weekends/Bank Hols) - dusk.
DirectionsRail: Raynes Park then bus. Bus: 57, 131, 200
- Early 20th Century