Headstone Manor Recreation Ground (also known as Headstone Manor, Harrow Museum & Heritage Centre)7833

London, England, Greater London

Brief Description

Headstone Manor became a Museum and Heritage Centre in 1968 and since 1986 has been Harrow Museum and Heritage Centre.

History

Headstone Manor Recreation Ground is a remnant of a medieval estate once owned by the Archbishops of Canterbury, and the moated manor house remains in the park. The land was worked as a farm until the 1920s, and in 1925 it was sold to Hendon Rural District Council and opened as Headstone Park in 1928.

Visitor Facilities

Park: unrestricted. Museum: Wed-Fri 12.30-5pm; Sat/Sun: 10.30am-5pm
Access & Directions

Access Contact Details

Park: unrestricted. Museum: Wed-Fri 12.30-5pm; Sat/Sun: 10.30am-5pm

Directions

London Overground: Headstone Lane. Rail: North Harrow then bus. Tube: North Harrow (Metropolitan). Bus: 350
History

Period

  • Early 20th Century
References

References

Contributors

  • London Parks and Gardens Trust