Features of Harrow Weald Recreation Ground include tennis courts, football pitches, children's play area and bowling green.
The land for Harrow Weald Recreation Ground was donated to the parish in 1895 by Thomas Blackwell JP, as recorded in a stone plaque set over the entrance arch of the small brick and timber lodge on the corner of High Road. The recreation ground was extended in 1937 when Harrow Council purchased the lodge and garden of Belmont, following the death of its owner Charles James Ward, who was a member of the parish council and benefactor of Harrow Hospital.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 7.30am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 7.30am - dusk.
DirectionsLondon Overground: Headstone Lane then bus. London Overground/Rail/Tube (Bakerloo): Harrow & Wealdstone then bus. Bus: 182, 258, 340, H12, H18
London Parks and Gardens Trust