The churchyard has mature trees, including two yews.
Enclosure of Bromley Common took place between 1764 and 1821, shortly after which villas began to be built along the Hastings Road. Holy Trinity Church was built to serve the spiritual needs of the growing population, after it was agreed to establish a separate parish independent of Bromley. The church was built in 1839-42, designed by Thomas Hopper. A driving force behind the project was George Warde Norman of The Rookery, Bromley Common, and the church and churchyard have memorials to the Norman family. The original boundary was a flint wall; the churchyard was extended to the north in 1883 and again in 1914, and the northern boundary is formed by a holly hedge.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening of the churchyard is unrestricted. Church is normally locked, only open for services.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening of the churchyard is unrestricted. Church is normally locked, only open for services.
DirectionsRail: Bromley South then bus. Bus: 61, 208, 261, 320, 358.
- Mid 19th Century
- Associated People
Just one person associated to Holy Trinity Churchyard, Bromley Common
London Parks and Gardens Trust