Haulgh Hall 6076

Bolton, Greater Manchester, Greater Manchester, England

Brief Description

The hall is set in grounds to the south of Haulgh New Road. The River Croal lies to the west. There is an open area to the east and south, property of the Earl of Bradford. The hall is believed to have been built in 1602. It is timber-framed with brick infill. The grounds were probably substantially lost by the mid-19th-century, as the area became industrialised.

History

The hall is believed to have been built in 1602.

Features
  • Hall (featured building)
  • Description: The hall is believed to have been built in 1602. It is timber-framed with brick infill. Though the grounds have now been lost, the hall survives.
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
References

References

Contributors

  • Lancashire Gardens Trust

  • Greater Manchester Archaeological Unit