The park, originally dating from the mid-18th century, became a public park in 1898. Additions in the early-20th century include sports grounds, a bandstand and a deer enclosure. A walled garden, now with some exotic planting, survives from the earlier period. The café stands on the site of the house, demolished in 1941. The park has a woodland garden walk leading to tennis courts, the Swan Pond and Water Gardens. Other features include animal enclosures, a small zoo and aviary; on the open grass slope are ancient oaks.
- Visitor Access, Directions & Contacts
Access contact details
The site is open daily from 7.30 until dusk. Please see: http://www.camden.gov.uk/zoom/ccm/content/contacts/non-council-contacts/contact-golders-hill-park.en#internalSection1 020 8455 5183
Golders Green station. Northern line.
Corporation of LondonGolders Hill Park Office, West heath Avenue, off Finchley Road, London, NW11 7QP
- Associated People
- Features & Designations
The National Heritage List for England: Listed Building
- Reference: Tennis box
- Grade: II
Site of Local Importance for Nature Conservation
English Landscape Garden
- Specimen Tree
- Deer Cote
- Description: Deer enclosure.
- Key Information
Parks, Gardens And Urban Spaces
Part: standing remains
Open to the public