The park was laid out with a paddling pool, pavilion, bowling green and tennis courts.
References to Child's Hill as a place name date from at least 1593, and it is likely it was called after Richard le Child, who owned land here in the 14th century. At one time there was a brick and tile making industry, which supplied materials when the Hampstead area was being developed from the late-18th century. Housing development at Child's Hill was rapid once the Child's Hill and Cricklewood Station opened in 1870. Childs Hill Park was created on land that was gifted to the Hendon Board for this purpose in 1891 by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Golders Green (Northern) then bus. Bus 226, .
London Parks and Gardens Trust